Lip Filler Aftercare
5 Ways To Look After Your Lips
Lucy thought a few pointers on lip filler aftercare would be helpful. Everyone’s lips are different, but as a general guide you may find this article helpful.
Before we start on our main points, lets have a look at what to expect after treatment.
What to Expect After Treatment
Give yourself time to rest and recover after you have received treatment. Immediately after treatment there maybe some redness, tenderness or numbness, itching or bruising. This is a normal result of the injection and generally disappears after a few days. Following lip treatment, swelling may last longer – up to about a week. During this time the lips may look uneven, therefore the result directly after treatment should not be viewed as the final result.
If any side effect lasts for longer than a week, please contact Lucy Tel: 07568 352788.
Lip Filler Aftercare
- You should avoid touching the treated area for six hours. This allows the small needle holes to close up thereby preventing infection.
- Do not expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold until the initial swelling and redness have settled. Please avoid saunas, Turkish Baths and sunbeds / U V exposure for two weeks.
- Avoid applying make up for at least 12 hours. Yes, even if you are going out. This is not only due to infection control but also helps the tiny needle holes to close.
- A special note if you are taking aspirin or similar medications. Please be aware that due to those medications you may bruise more easily. It is vital that you do not stop the medications that your GP has prescribed for you
- While you can eat and drink as normal after treatment, it may be best to avoid strong foods such as chilis or strong garlic dishes for up to 12 hours after treatment. While these foods will not effect the outcome of your treatment, you may find your lips stinging slightly while eating.
How long the effect of the treatment lasts is dependent on the individual. There are many factors to consider, such as the structure of the skin, your lifestyle and age. The procedure can be repeated as often as you like, although most clients choose to have a follow up treatment after 6 – 12 months to maintain a fresh and youthful appearance.
I hope you have found these tips useful. If you are concerned in any way or have any questions over your lip filler aftercare, please do get in touch with Lucy.